December 12, 2012

My Intimate Poetry: Non-Cliché.

Originality still lies within the commonplace. ― Tammy-Louise Wilkins


Here’s to my new beginning;
To the departure of feeling sorrow.
Though my heads remains to be spinning,
Here’s to my tomorrow.

Here’s to being unperturbed at last;
To finding solitude of mind.
I’ve closed the door to what was the past,
Here’s to being refined.

Here’s to no longer wasting life;
To belonging to myself only.
Life will continue without strife,
Here’s to no longer feeling lonely.

Here’s to the strength that constantly grows;
To the resilience I now own.
A graceful existence without throes,
Here’s to the queen of her own throne.

Here’s to the memories locked away;
To stripping them of their power.
I’ve already made it halfway,
Here’s to living happy every hour.


Here’s to the questions you wish to say;
To the peculiar smile that touches my lips.
I pride myself for lacking such dismay,
Here’s to being the writer of my life scripts.

2012 © Tammy-Louise Wilkins


No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your thoughts on the post? Post a comment!