My Intimate Poetry: Miss Nothing.

Hello lovely readers, I hope everyone is having a lovely Friday. Be ready for the gossip about my latest trip to my Writing Retreat–aka Stratford–on Sunday!

Games. Everyone plays one at some point in their life. Whether it's mind, heart, love or other. ~ Tammy-Louise Wilkins.

Valentine’s swiftly slipped past
All the build-up, ecstasies & burdens are over at last

That day I took my first love-induced fall
It was my favourite festive time, hell I truly did revel in it all

Then again that was sadly oh so many years ago
I can barely reminisce or remember as from then onward there was mostly woe

There were many that punctured my tender heart
You hurt me the most, even from the very start

Here in the present, times have certainly changed
The heartbreak is over and the roles have been rearranged

Sure I slightly miss you from time to time
Our new rekindled "friendship" still has many mountains to climb

That is all we are now. Friends
Yes. Simply distant friends

Someone new has firmly closed our love & hate game
He’s opened a new one for only he & I to play 

2013 © Tammy-Louise Wilkins

Tammy xo

Comments

Popular Posts