My Intimate Poetry: Little Black Submarines.

Hello lovely people. Man, I'm exhausted. I have barely been able to work this week because of my M.E.. Going through a mighty terrible setback. I've been off the radar and I'm surprised how I wrote this in my sleepy state. *chuckles* Enjoy!

“Just because you’re broken doesn’t mean you can’t be fixed.” ~ Tammy-Louise Wilkins.


"Once you're broken, you're ruined."
I never truly thought that could be
Until I experienced the foulest type of heartbreak
Oh that’s when the saying rang true

For a while there, life wasn't worth living
Unthinkable sorrow consumed what little of me was conscious
I was petrified to let anyone in
Even friends. Even family.


After days and months of crying and depression
I took my first step back into the world
It was just my luck that I met you
Someone incredibly gorgeous. Someone sweet. Someone new.

We shared shy smiles and glanced at one another every five seconds
But never spoke a word until that one day that began “us”
Karma is a bitch but this time it got it right
Yes, you were sent my way and I can’t thank life enough

"Once you're broken, you're ruined."
It’s true…But not a permanent cause
I have my own saying now: “Just because you’re broken doesn’t mean you can’t be fixed.”
And it’s all thanks to you

2013 © Tammy-Louise Wilkins

Tammy xo

Comments

Popular Posts