My Intimate Poetry: All I Need.

Hello lovely readers, it has been one busy week for me. I am exhausted but feeling so much better than last week.

“The simplest of things create a determination to dominate and conquer the little problems." ~ Tammy-Louise Wilkins.

The blinding sun glistens against my dark skin
As I gaze wordlessly through my shades in awe with a small grin
Serenity surrounds me although my thoughts are full of discontent
The loved ones have no clue what sits in this head of mine, not even one percent

My breath glides elegantly in the cloudless sky with each deep exhale

Desperately trying to escape the madness of reality with reading old tales
To escape the stress and to escape the painful change is what I desire to do
I want the smile on my face to be genuine not to mask feeling the Monday blues

A bird of a million colours soars by with grace
The freedom it feels in its sanctuary of huge space
If the world could stop turning, just for a little bit 
I would be able to recuperate and revive my worn-out spirit

I sit in silence on my own on this beautiful day
Momentarily leaving my troubles behind as I pray
That the days will get easier and less tiring for me
It’s a gentle yet urgent plea

2013 © Tammy-Louise Wilkins

Tammy xo

Comments

Popular Posts