July 05, 2013

My Intimate Poetry: Miss Missing You & I Feel Pretty.

Hello lovely readers, I am terribly sorry for my absence. I am in a bit of a laptop blackout. It's currently getting a new keyboard fitted so I've been working on my Kindle however, I wasn't able to do what I needed for my blog posts hence why I've been off the radar. Fortunately, my lovely CP has leant me her notebook until my laptop is finished. Although my fingers are dying from the tiny keyboard, I've been able to do a few things I needed. The third part to London Collections: Men will be published soon. This will be the last time I'll post as I am off to Stratford this Sunday for a week! So without further ado, please enjoy tonight's double- bill!

Miss Missing You

Who knew that that old flame could still make my heart flutter that tiniest bit? ~ Tammy-Louise Wilkins.

A face from the past visited me today
A double take confirmed I wasn’t hallucinating
He stood there in a slick black ensembleSleeves rolled to the elbows as always
Collar open and tie loosened, exposing his edible neck
Tailored trousers hugging his hips

Temptation loves me and boy, Aphrodite didn’t take mercy upon me

How long it’d been since I’d seen his sweet face
Big brown doe eyes filled with curiosity
A smirk that could stop heartsAnd that oh so plump bottom lip
Those muscles that I once watched flex above me
As my nails dug into his shoulder blades. . .

The time we spent with one another began to come back
How we acted behind closed doors and out
My first love, how could I have forgotten you?
Forgotten how we stole glances at eachother during class
When we kissed, touched, ignited pleasure & passion in private
Indulging in a something many deem taboo

I sipped my latte, gazing in disbelief
He hadn’t changed one bit, nor had I
Merely matured physically a little more
We stood a metre apart, six foot three & six foot
Old feelings resurfacing, remembering, reminiscing
Between the air that subtly heated from the tension

If I hadn’t glanced up, I wouldn’t have noticed 
He has been staring intensely with a look of disbelief
Nibbling on that bottom lip as he thought deeply
Dug hard and deep, his brows drawing together
Until the very moment a light bulb hit both of us
His eyes remembered me and mine remembered him

His tender heart remembering who I was
As my loving one recalled who he was
Remembering who we were
How we were eachother’s shoulder to lean on
What we had been
All those years ago

2013 © Tammy-Louise Wilkins

I Feel Pretty

Life created the bad people of the world without an ounce of inner beauty. ~ Tammy-Louise Wilkins.

Beauty begins beneath the surface
We are all born the same with little grace
Bare, bald and bawling
Outer beauty starts to blossom with that first attempt at walking

Compliments increase about our beautiful looks
While inner beauty grew silently as a protagonist does in books
Childhood passes at sunset and adolescence sets in at dawn
A time when we all are soul searching for where we belong

Every one of us belittles our own appearance
Full of self-loathing and incoherence
Forgetting that beauty is not meant for the outside
It was always meant for the inside

We live in a society where there are classes
Staring into a pair of naive, pretentious glasses
The hideous, standard and stunning
Always in a constant state of shunning

Why do we forget that it doesn’t matter about the outside?
The beauty will always be within...For most.

2013 © Tammy-Louise Wilkins

Tammy xo

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful Hun (Miss Missing You) & Very thought provoking (I feel pretty) xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice *_* your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Want to share your thoughts on the post? Post a comment!