October 23, 2013

It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To!

Hello lovely readers, how are you all? As you all know, this entire month has been very hectic and a whirlwind of eventful times. At long last, it's time to talk about the last day of September. My birthday. As I’ve got older, I’ve begun to dread this day more and more. This year though, I was rather thrilled and terrified at the same time. Another year, another wrinkle and all that jazz.

Whenever my birthday comes around, the whole month of September is filled with Lesley Gore's 'It's My Party'. The depression of becoming one year older sets in. But this year, I had made a pact with myself to be a lot more merry and I created a list of resolutions which I ended up sharing with you all. Those five targets proved to be positive and therapeutic throughout the month. September was possibly one of the busiest thirty days I've had in the year so far! So the resolutions gave me something to do other than work and write; it kept me alert in the day. In the days following up to my birthday, I grew more anxious about it. My birthdays are filled with all sorts each year and I never know what's going to happen. It's an unpredictable day.

When the day finally came, the realization didn’t hit me. I was disoriented from sleep as I stumbled down the stairs of my house that morning. It came as a complete shock when I fell into the living room to find it decorated with shimmering birthday banners and matte balloons. Along with that, two large bags sat in the center, full to the brim. Surprised once more, I suddenly felt as though I turned into a little girl again, feeling slightly gleeful and excited. After tearing off the wrapping paper to unveil each present, I was left feeling happily exhausted. I adored them all!

The day as a whole was very low key. The family came over to chat and share my scrumptious birthday sponge cake (made by a lovely friend). I then had a wonderful birthday dinner.

Later that night, I was whisked away to Stratford-upon-Avon! Back in July, the hotel I stay in was went under construction and so when I arrived on my birthday, it was completely different! It look absolutely stunning! I spent the night in the gorgeously redecorated lounge with a nice drink.

I was spoilt rotten! It was a wonderful birthday and I would like to thank everyone who made it so special, especially my fabulous mother and father! I would also like to thank all of you lovely readers who took time to email, call, message, tweet me happy birthday. There was nothing sweeter than to wake up to all your adorable messages.

Many of you lovely readers have also asked about the gifts I got and so, I will be dedicating a post to showcase bits and bobs of my birthday presents!






Tammy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your thoughts on the post? Post a comment!