My Intimate Poetry: Dust Bowl Dance.

Hello lovely readers, I apologize for my blog silence. It has been...well, it has been one heck of a week or two. For some of you who don't follow me on Facebook, last Tuesday my father was admitted to hospital. After eight days, one hospital transfer and a couple angiograms, Dad is back home with the family and is on the mend! It has been quite a rough few days for myself as well as I've been suffering with a terrible sick bug all this week. So it hasn't been the best start to the new month for my family!

Please enjoy the poem and have a wonderful evening on this frosty and dreary day.

My pride is in tatters, my pain is ever lasting. Feet that can no longer stand, body that can no longer hide. ~ Tammy-Louise Wilkins.


If I could snap my fingers and make the pain vanish
I’d do it in a heartbeat
And replace it with warmth and security
I long to solve the mystery to life itself
Yet I cannot
That’s what hurts me the most

God it kills me
This shattering collision of feeling inside me
The unhealthy, constant worry
The ever-present fear
The bubbling nausea
It all crashes down on me

The commotion around me mute
Only the pounding of my heart
Consumes my ringing ears
Sitting there beside the metallic bed
Not knowing what to do at first
And then...then it came to me

There was only thing I needed to do
Be there

Care for my those so dear to me
Each one silently hurting inside
To be the loving mother
The concerned friend
The doctor with the cure
The list of roles are endless

No room for my pain
No space for realization
Just love
Just support
Just…
Just me

2013 © Tammy-Louise Wilkins

Tammy xo

Comments

Popular Posts