I'll Always Have You.

Hello lovely readers. Today is the one-year anniversary of one of the most talked about articles I’ve ever written; You’ll Always Have Me. This particular post was–for myself–one of my most important as I spoke about bullying.

It was a monotonous Monday and I’d just come back from Stratford-upon-Avon accompanied by a head full of inspiration for blogposts.  For a while prior, I’d been deliberating back and forth whether to write You’ll Always Have Me because it was a subtle but still present personal exposure post. When I returned from Stratford however, I decided to take the plunge and compose it. This sudden decision was elicited after reading a deleterious article about David Gandy’s former girlfriend, Sarah Macklin.

At first, it was going to be a telling post of my experiences with bullying and negativity in general. But then instead, I decided to use my advanced knowledge and experience in aid of composing a guide of sorts that identified and defined such things as constructive and unnecessary criticism, pessimistic negativity, the slang terminology in this area used by the younger generation and a solution as to how to cope with these encounters.

When I hit Publish, my heart just about leaped out of my chest. I was extremely anxious (to say the elast) about what reaction it would induce. Eventually the fear got the best of me and I shut off my notifications. When I switched them back on an hour later though, I was stunned to see my inbox flooded with emails. As I read them one by one, the smile lighting my lips grew wider. I was so surprised. Many of of the messages were from people explaining they’d been undergoing or had undergone bullying  and after reading my post, their spirits were lifted. These lovley people, I’m a complete stranger to them, they hadn’t asked for my adivce, and yet they said to me that I’d really helped them.  It was nothing short of utterly surreal and I can’t thank all of you lovely readers enough.

What made it all the more dreamlike was when I got a notification stating that David Gandy’s social media assistant had commented on my piece. I will be honest, I may have squealed with sheer delight. I didn’t except it at all. The lovely Laura really hit the nail on the head and her loyalty to David and Sarah is commendable. I think she is a wonderful woman and I take my hat off to her.

Looking back at it all now, I know for certain that I made the right decision to compose and release You’ll Always Have Me. Since the publication, I have formed many great friendships with some that I now call close friends. It’s probably up one of the best decisions I’ve ever made with my blog.

There is one thing that I have been asked continuously after publishing the post: Will you tell us your story of bullying? This question is a difficult one for me. When I was much younger, I did get bullied. Twice in the space of two years by different people. Mercilessly, no less. I had some very dark moments in that time, ones that are challenging to talk about. But after some consideration, I do have a WIP (work-in-progress) project underway that will go into contrsuction soon. I can’t tell you too much but I will leave you with this; my story will be told.

Tammy xo

Comments

Popular Posts