November 05, 2013

My Intimate Poetry: Dream of Mine.

Hello lovely readers, happy Guy Fawkes night! *chuckles* It's the only time of the year when explosions are presented in such an exquisite way. I hope you lovely lot are having a fabulous week and a wonderful night. Enjoy the poem!

Life is life. Destiny is destiny. And you're not mine now. ~ Tammy-Louise Wilkins.


Light this candle in my fragile heart
Although we must depart
It’s not alright and it’s not ok
Leave me now, please don’t stay

I opened my petals and now they die
They bleed so much, but don’t cry
Every delicate stem had a secret instore
Each revealed, but now I don’t know what for

This excruciating feeling inside, I’ve felt it before
The shattering of my heart as pain begins to pour
I’ve done no wrong yet I feel I’m to blame
Where is your love now? The one you so often proclaim

Sky filled with beads of flames that ignite
Yet all I can see is nothing but a starless and perpetual night
Your betrayal and infidelity have blurred my sight
This candle in my heart that once glowed…now has no light



2013 © Tammy-Louise Wilkins


Tammy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your thoughts on the post? Post a comment!