February 27, 2014

My Intimate Poetry: Decay.

Hello lovely readers, it's almost the end of the February which means there will be a new instalment of The Shopaholic Chronicles coming tomorrow and it's going to be a shopaholic's fashion dream! For tonight however, I'm taking you down a darker road with a brand new poem. Enjoy!

A heart like mine only needs a single prod to plummet into darkness. ― Tammy-Louise Wilkins.

I watch this crumbling heart
As its walls shatter into tiny, numb remains
This vessel has been torn apart
Now the warmth flees these veins

I was never his first
I was second, third and fourth
A naïve nature immersed
Into the depths of darkness henceforth

My body, my mind, my soul abused
All there for his pleasure
A youthful product to be used
Until it expires all worth and treasure

Merely here for the evanescent run
My due date has arrived
Cast off to the shadows now my course is done
I don’t know how I’ll survive

2014 © Tammy-Louise Wilkins
_____________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your thoughts on the post? Post a comment!