My Intimate Poetry: Fools for Love.

Hello lovely readers, can you believe the weekend is upon us already? I hope you lovely lot are snuggled beside the fire with a rich glass of red. It has been one tiring week for me but it has ended on one hell of a high note! Enjoy tonight's poem!

Aren't we all fools for love? ― Tammy-Louise Wilkins.

The time is nigh
We may have to depart
Must I say goodbye?
It was only the start

I played by your rules
Yet I still got the blame
Am I the fool?
For speaking the truth again

With a single word
You shove me into the blackness of the night
For something you deem unacceptable and absurd
So I must hurtle down to satisfy such spite I seem to ignite

I write this to you
I can’t always take the wrap
For something I didn't do
You know I never want to scrap

2014 © Tammy-Louise Wilkins
_____________________________________________________________________________

Comments

Popular Posts