My Intimate Poetry: The Kiss.

Hello lovely readers, please accept my apologizes for my absence this week. It has been quite the trying and chaotic week. I am now officially on countdown until I am whisked off to Stratford-upon-Avon for a week. It's only seven days! Enjoy the poem!

A lifeline is given by the most unexpected. ― Tammy-Louise Wilkins.

My life has been challenged
By someone completely different
Yet all too familiar
Within one entity

Someone just as damaged
Just as broken as me
Has opened my eyes to this destructive path 
Of emotional turmoil that I’m leading myself upon

This someone dares to test me
When others wouldn’t dream to
This someone knows what I truly desire
In order to become the person I want to be

What if this someone, 
Is the unpolluted oxygen I need?
To breathe life back into me
And cease how much this heart bleeds

A someone that has the power
To rejuvenate a lifeless soul
To a time when it once bared no scars
Nor wounds, when it was once whole

That someone ignites such strong emotion
From a vessel that has been trampled so many times
That someone has had me weeping on the phone
Over the tiniest of things

How can someone make me feel so safe?
From a distance, too far away for comfort
How can someone make me feel so feminine?
A feeling I’d forgotten I could even feel

Be my someone

2014 © Tammy-Louise Wilkins
_____________________________________________________________________________

Comments

Popular Posts