April 21, 2014

My Intimate Poetry: Whisper of the Wind.

Hello lovely readers, I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. It is Manic Monday and also Easter Monday so I am taking the day off from any work whatsoever but I couldn't leave you lovely lot without a post. I whipped this up yesterday after a sudden strike of inspiration. Enjoy the poem!

The consequences must now be acknowledged because of the fear. ― Tammy-Louise Wilkins.

Fingers snapped
Just like that
The magic is gone
The future is forlorn

A sentence and quiet admission
Here this coupling will transition
Uttered as soft as a whisper
Now does the feeling burn and blister

From dysfunction and delight
To little regard and perhaps spite
The overpowering intensity is so missed
Better than being worthless and dismissed

I am mocked by fate
For punching above my weight
For wanting something I’ve searched so long for
Now to be halted by fear before I can explore

Pulling away right on cue
To protect himself, it’s what he’ll do
His feelings sour and so I become small
This is the story of how I fall

2014 © Tammy-Louise Wilkins
_____________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your thoughts on the post? Post a comment!