M.E. Awareness Week | What Lies Beneath Snow's Beauty.

Hello lovely readers, I apologize for the lack of article yesterday but I was unfortunately preoccupied with an appointment at the Pain Clinic which sadly left me rather drained. Please enjoy today's post and hopefully, I will be able to chat with you lovely lot as soon as I'm up and running once more.

Today, I will be revisiting a previous article I wrote about Fibromyalgia; a contributing factor to Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. 


Talking about pain is a difficult topic to tackle because the resulting reaction can be very controversial. I had spent my first couple of years attempting to justify the fact that I was, in fact, in a lot of agony. Especially when I didn't look physically tormented and all of it happened beneath the surface. But in early 2013, I finally came to decision that I was going to talk about it to you all. The important message in this article is that we may not always see things, but that doesn't mean they're not there.

The Cover Hides a Great Deal
I must confess a terrible sin: I am a walking pain.

Not a pain in the a**, no. Simply in pain. Around the clock, I'm in a tremendous amount of discomfort. There are many symptoms that contributed to the key elements of life with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. Exhaustion, lethargy, emotional drainage. I could on for hours with the laundry list of negativity in my life but today's article is focusing on one imperfection; Fibromyalgia.

I’ve had enough time to come to terms that I’m going to feel like this all the time. It’s to the point that I do expect it and I know when I’m about to have a sudden thrashing from a tsunami of pain. I have so many undesirable aspects that I have to live with day to day but I try to put them aside and focus on the specs of lights in the darkness.

In this time, I’ve ceased informing my accompanying companion(s) of my discomposure and aching. It’s not only negative but it’s unbeneficial. There is little that can be done and I don’t want to offload on people with problems they cannot solve. I don’t want sympathy or consoling, I don’t believe in using my deficiencies in any nature at all. I do wish there could be simple acknowledgement however.

Much like M.E., Fibromyalgia lies beneath the skin and is therefore invisible to the naked eye of the audience. I don’t physically look in distress. This is a contributing factor as to why I no longer tell my acquaintance that I’m on the verge of amputating a limb because of the agony that is occurring.
Continue Reading...→
_____________________________________________________________________________

Comments

Popular Posts