June 30, 2014

GUEST POST | I'm Not Perfect: Joan's Story.

Hello lovely readers, it is Manic Monday! I trust it hasn't been too trying. I had a rather lovely wake up call this morning to not one, but two articles from two lovely ladies and fellow bloggers for the I'm Not Perfect campaign.

The first of today's double-bill comes from the wonderful Joan Gillen from the fabulous blog, Pink Bonnet Girl. Self-condemnation is becoming a more common companion to life these days and sometimes facing the facts of what is really going on is difficult. Joan explains her self-esteem issues and how, although it's easier said than done, to try and move on.

I was really quite touched by her parting message. When I first came up with the idea of this project, I wasn't too sure what the outcome would be. Am I putting the message I desire out there or am I talking in riddles? So Joan's final paragraph of her post most definitely left me smiling.
I was privileged enough to be a part of a campaign initiated by my good friend Tammy from The Life of the Live.Love.Laugh Girl called, #ImNotPerfect, a declaration of embracing imperfection and this could not come in a perfect time. I think that every one has their moments of not feeling pretty enough, not being confident enough, or simply just not doing enough… sad to say nothing is ever enough for anyone. 
I cannot help but be critical of myself and let us face it there is always a lot of room for self doubt when you have a low self esteem. They just creep right in and before you know it, it eats you up from the inside. I have been a countless victim of this scenario over and over. I know you should give yourself more credit, you can do it but the truth is it is easier said than done. 
I just think that people need that release, that opportunity and chance to acknowledge their imperfections and hardships. It does not make them less of a person for doing so. We are allowed to commit mistakes but the important thing is we learn from it and eventually overcome it. We all deal with it differently and we want to acknowledge our imperfections and sometimes that is all it takes to be able to move forward and get on with our lives. 
So here I am declaring my imperfections:
© Joan Gillen.
Thank you so much Tammy for such an empowering and therapeutic project. It was such a pleasure to do this project and you made me write again. Cheers to you and to the rest of the lovely lot who has supported this cause.
Please pop over to her blog and leave her a message on this post.
_____________________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. Joan has hit the nail tight on the mark, very well stated! Hugs sweetie xox

    ReplyDelete

Want to share your thoughts on the post? Post a comment!