My Intimate Poetry: Unknown.

Hello lovely readers, in this week's Monday Musings I spoke about my participation in my lovely friend, SJ Warner's, Lace Challenge. Having written two pieces, a poem and a short story, I wanted to share them with you here. First up is the poem, enjoy!

I am fragmented into patterns of concealment. ― Tammy-Louise Wilkins.

Lace upon the skin
Draped across my flesh
Concealing the feeling within
Building the surface afresh

Hollow vessels for eyes
Hidden beneath this decorative lace
Tear’s unsightly stain in disguise
I’m blinded from the derision in your embrace

Stripped of my illusion
A pool of delicate pattern on the floor
For your enjoyment, I believe the delusion
I am merely an object you deplore

Lace
A veil of perception
Demurring and defeating the attempts to debase
This carefully structured body of deception

Woven into the cracks of torment
Lace completes my soul
Seducing me down the decent
Of believing I am whole

2014 © Tammy-Louise Wilkins
_____________________________________________________________________________

Comments

Popular Posts