Why I Only Have One Resolution For 2015.

Hello lovely readers, I'm a tad late on the New Year Resolution bandwagan but I hope you can forgive my tardiness after reading just what my resolution is!

“New year, new me.”

What is it about the New Year that compels us to set a register of goals in order to change and better ourselves? As I said previously in “2014”| A Letter to Myself, we all seem to judge the prior year by our mistakes. Is this, the monstrous mistakes we have made, why we create resolutions such as revitalised fitness and refined diet? I also said another thing in that article… Instead of making an analogy of your mistakes, make an analogy of your success.

Every year, I have embarked upon a list travels to achieve my yearly targets. However, this year, I wanted to make a change. This year is the year that I roll with the punches and enjoy the rollercoaster that is life. I will fight the war that I wage with ME/CFS and, although I will crash many times, I will succeed in conquering another level of this debilitating illness. I’m tired of trying to change myself because society dictates so. I’m going to make mistakes and I’m going to endure triumphs. This year has already predicted the opportunities that await me with the doors I have newly opened and do you know what? It’s time to take some risks to grasp those prospects.

To share a quote that my lovely friend, Laura (from the superb Superlatively Rude,) shared just recently:
“I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something. So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make your mistakes, next year and forever." – Neil Gaiman
So without further ado, I reveal my resolution:

LIVE. LOVE. LAUGH.


Image Map

Comments

Post a Comment

Want to share your thoughts on the post? Post a comment!

Popular Posts