Mother's Day | A Letter to My Mother.

To my darling mother,

From the get go, I was a challenge.
I was the surprise that came years after my siblings. But, not only was I a surprise, but the circumstances of the surprise was a revelation in itself. I was a not just a twin, but a Siamese-Twin. The course of being pregnant with myself and my late twin was never smooth. With the complications, you lost my sister. But you saved me. And I will always be thankful for that.

I’ve never been an easy child to deal with. I came with every problem possible. But throughout the trials, from toddler to child to teenager to adult, you still loved me and surrounded me with the warmth of that love.
The last few years have been the toughest of my life and I don't think I could have survived without you. When I was deep in the pits of emotional trauma, you were there. For every moment. You breathed life back into me and helped me to reintegrate into the both the person that I once was and the person that I’ve now become.

I see so many people who don't have a relationship with their mother which makes me all the more thankful that we have such a good relationship.
I could fill a book (and then three more) with everything I want to thank you for but I shall leave it at this;

You are the strongest woman I’ve ever known and will continue to amaze me with your levels of strength. Thank you for being my best friend, my ear, my shoulder; thank you for being the best mother in the world!

Happy Mother's Day!
Yours sincerely,

Your Forever-Thankful Daughter



Image Map

Comments

  1. What an amazing letter. Soo sweet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Want to share your thoughts on the post? Post a comment!

Popular Posts