March 23, 2015

My Intimate Poetry: My Inferno.

Hello lovely readers, a new week is upon us and a new month draws near so what better than a new instalment of My Intimate Poetry to get you geared up for the week?

A wise yet tormented man once said that in the middle of the journey of our life I found myself within a dark woods where the straight way was lost. Perhaps, within this poem, Dante Alighieri is correct...

As I stagger from the flames, the words of the devil engulf me in the fire once more
― Tammy-Louise Wilkins.



There is darkness where there is light;
Temptation to wrong when I should right.
To break the heart that has broken mine;
To cohere the hands that should never entwine.

Just when I believe I’m okay,
You drag me back to hell and beg me to stay.
Vowing to me with that sprite tongue that you’ll erase my pain,
Whilst secretly weaving another crack inside me with your dishonest stain.

A candle burns to its final strands of wick,
Cremating the hope that I’ll be the one you pick.
Although the flame has died with the memory of my spent time,
The remains of faith survive  through this rhyme.



Image Map

6 comments:

  1. This poem is such a beautiful collection of metaphors, Tammy! I especially liked the final stanza. Kudos. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Millie! :) I appear to be full of metaphors at the moment. x

      Delete

Want to share your thoughts on the post? Post a comment!