March 14, 2015

My Intimate Poetry: Sacred and Profane Love.

Hello lovely readers, it has been brought to my attention that I have yet to thrill you with a brand new instalment of My Intimate Poetry this year. I sincerely apologize for delaying the publication of my first poem of the new year; fortunately, the wait is over and I present to you my first poem of the year; Sacred and Profane Love. Enjoy!

The exterior shrouds the disturbing truth hidden beneath. ― Tammy-Louise Wilkins.



Their breath baited,
Their eyes are still,
Their body nearly sated,
As they watch tonight's kill.

Her curtains stitched to deceive,
The predator of her need,
Her virginal looks leave them to believe,
There is only innocence; no darkness nor greed.

But, as those curtains raise,
Her darkness relinquishes every spec of light.
Their fondest dreams left ruined and ablaze,
Her corruption obscures their sight.

The moral of this tale,
Lies exposed upon that tranquil stage,
Within the crevices of that pristine trail,
Resides darkness bursting from its cage.





Image Map

20 comments:

  1. This one was great. Beautifully crafted, i loved the way you phrased it. It sounded nicely on my ‘tongue’ ;) and in my thoughts. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *chuckles* Thank you, Sabine. You know I'm human dictionary.

      Delete
  2. A deliciously dark treat Tammy. As you rightly suggest – appearances can all too often prove deceptive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Steve!

      Indeed; I couldn't agree more.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic poem, Tammy ❤️ Such a wonderful interpretation ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved this interpretation, it was dark & different! Wonderfully written. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Especially liked your ending. Words kept you wanting to read. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely captivating. Absolutely loved it.Certainly gonna follow you and hope to view more of your gift n talent for writing n poetry xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stunning! Really enjoyed reading you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent poem. Great job. Very well written. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snared by each delectable syllable! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Want to share your thoughts on the post? Post a comment!