August 26, 2015

Sultry Summer with Miss Selfridge.



In 1926 Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel published a picture of a simple black dress in American Vogue entitled; "Chanel's Ford". As the little black dress was simple and accessible for women of all social classes, the now iconic LBD was set in motion. And although its silhouette has changed over the years, the little black dress has maintained its sultry and sensual reputation.



I’ve always admired how graceful the little black dress was and how it suited as well as complimented every ‘body type.’ Unfortunately, I never owned a LBD myself until earlier this year. Yes, I have been without a little black dress for quite a few years! 



Late last year, I was spending some quality time with sister and stumbled across Miss Selfridge’s knee-length, bodycon Waffle Bra Dress.

I was instantly in love. 



I find it rather difficult to discover dresses that fitted me perfectly and were somewhat juxtaposes its intention to be revealing with a tad a modesty. This dress everything perfect down to the very last detail.

Although initially a plunge, the overlapping waffle weave material creates a harmony between seductive and shy. With a subtle belt style section beneath the bust, the bust also gets a subtle lift.

When I was younger, I went through the phase of wearing belts skirts but nowadays, I indulge in the subtle clothing styles which were also why I loved this little black dress. Reaching just about my knees, the dress successfully has a balance between concealing skin and exposing skin – giving away enough leg to be perfectly paired with a pair of heels.





Every LBD requires a pair of spectacular heels and let’s face it; who would refuse an opportunity to buy shoes?

Miss Selfridge’s Faux Snake Court Shoes quite literally beckoned me over to their resting place and upon discovering its killer metallic heel; I knew they were perfect for the dress.  The pointed shoe style has been shamed over the years for potentially ruining feet, howver, these heels were comfortable, stylish, and did not induce any sort of repercussion blister or burn.






Unfortunately, I did not buy the dress as I wasn’t absolutely certain I would make good use of it. However, when I stumbled across it once more in Cardiff, I decided it was fate and bought the dress.



After I finally purchased the dress and shoes and showcased it few times paired with its matching heels, I was very lucky to be invited to do a shoot with the Miss Selfridge dress. It’s been a long time since I’ve been in front of the camera professionally and so I was a bit nervous and a little robotic at first but eventually I loosened up and had a ball!



There will be a following article about my time at the shoot that is bursting with shots that take a different turn in season with Miss Selfridge’s LBD ensemble on Friday. Stay tuned!

I'M WEARING:


© Sam Ford Photography

Image Map

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! I just got the same dress in red!!

    alix-evans.blogspot.co.uk

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alix!

      Oh, that is great! Fancy sending me a snap of it to my Twitter @Tammy?

      Delete
  2. Love these photos you look stunning in all of them! :D

    Heather Xx
    100waysto30.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this dress looks amazing on you! Fabulous!

    http://the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Want to share your thoughts on the post? Post a comment!