September 16, 2015

Guest Post | Thrifty Vintage Fashion's Tips on Confidence.

Hello everyone, my name is Nicole Marie and I'm the blogger behind Thrifty Vintage Fashion! When Tammy asked me if I could help her by writing a guest blog post while she was a being a busy bee studying, of course I said yes. Anything to help out a blogger friend in need. After pondering for a few hours of what I could do for Tammy's blog I settled on ' confidence tips.' So here goes...

DON’T ASSUME WHAT OTHERS ARE THINKING

I can't sit here and tell you not to compare yourself to other human beings - it's a completely normal thing for us all to do. 

Instead don't assume what someone is thinking when they look at you. The situation normally goes something like this: 

You catch someone out the corner looking at you:
"Oh god, they probably staring at how bad my skin is today or they have noticed that I'm having a really bad hair day!" 

Nah, nah, nah! Stop right there! What they are actually thinking is "oh, I love that top they are wearing, it really complements her skin tone and hair colour." See? You have wasted 3 minutes of your life worrying for no reason what so ever!


YOU ARE VERY UNIMPORTANT

That sounds really harsh but let me explain. 

Think of the last time you were out and you saw someone you didn't know? Shopping? In town? What was your first impression of them? I bet you can't remember.

Because, unless they were 11ft tall, dressed as a clown, walking around Aldi with their weekly shopping and you were thinking 'what an idiot?' 

The brain is functioned to forget unimportant details and focus on whats more important to you . This is the same for every other person who has stared at you! 

FAKE IT UNTIL YOU MAKE IT

That saying though. 

Okay, it's a bit cheesy but its so true! 

If you pretend that you are comfortable with saying hello to strangers, starting up conversations with people you don't know very well and such, people will think you are confident. 

Do what you can (that's legal and within reason, of course!) to make yourself more confident. We all have those favourite outfits that make us ooze confidence.

MAKE UP IS NOT FOR HIDING BEHIND

Make up is there to help cover up your spots, blemishes & under eye circles. 

So what the hell am I on about? 

To be truly confident, you need to happy with the real you. 

If you wear make up every day, whether you need it or not, you will become confident with your Done Up face and not your natural face. If you are not going out anywhere don't fuss about with make up. Not only is it a lot better for your skin but it gives you chance for you to accept the real you.

Thank you for reading,  I hope you enjoyed this post. 
Thank you, Tammy, for letting me write on your blog, as a guest blogger - I have really enjoyed it!


BLOG | TWITTER

2 comments:

  1. Thankyou very much for letting me doing a guest post on your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. PREACH! I concur with all points made

    BLEURGH - http://www.bleurghnow.com

    ReplyDelete

Want to share your thoughts on the post? Post a comment!