October 19, 2015

Turning Another Year Older.

Hello lovely readers, the blog has been ever so slightly quiet due to my return to my studies which has kept me nothing short of busy but fear not, I have been up to all sorts of shenanigans which I am delighted to share with you in the coming weeks. Today, however, I will be discussing the mischief I got up to for my birthday which was almost three weeks ago now!

I’m not usually one for celebrating big for my birthday – I’m quite content with being. But something was different this year for you see I was fast approaching somewhat of a mini-milestone.  Growing another year older fluctuates between thrilling and terrifying and this year was definitely a combination of both.

I didn’t quite know how to feel about it.

Eventually, when my birthday was a couple weeks away, I rallied my friends together for a quaint soiree, scheduled a morning and evening with my parents and then arranged for a big weekend in Birmingham with my sister.

This year has, undoubtedly, been a roller coaster and I decided that, despite all the twists and turns in my life, I was going to grow another year older in style!

And do you know what? That’s exactly what I did!

I wasn’t just celebrating my birthday but celebrating the wonderful people that I have surrounding me. Sometimes a birthday is a good way to look back in hindsight and reflect and be thankful – even if there have been reasons that have stopped me from remembering.

So I'll let the photographs talk now:







 


A Weekend on Broad Street, Birmingham, with my Sister:

 

 


It was truly one of the greatest birthdays that I've had and I want to thank everyone – my wonderful friends and my awesome family – who made it so special!


Image Map

2 comments:

  1. Aww you look lovely and it looks like you had an amazing time! Birthday's are all about spending it with your nearest and dearest being happy! :)

    Heather Xx
    100waysto30.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday

    BLEURGH - www.bleurghnow.com

    ReplyDelete

Want to share your thoughts on the post? Post a comment!