The Christmas Tag.

Perhaps, it is another one of my Scrooge traits but I don't often take part in blogger tags - most often because making concise articles about them is rather difficult for a chatterbox like me! However, we are one week away from Christmas and I am following in the lovely blogger, Carly's ( from Blog with Love), pen and taking part in this special Christmas Tag!

Read Carly's Christmas Tag here.



WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE?

I have a variety of Christmas film favourites so it's hard to pick just one. The two classic films  that most stand out for me is Home Alone and White Christmas. There's just something about watching a child become a sociopath that never fails to make me giggle and I can never get enough of Bill Crosby's voice. My favourite modern Christmas film has to be the recent release of horror Christmas flick, Krampus. A clever and witty adaption of folklore that tells the story of Father Christmas' darker sidekick. It's filled with jump scares, intriguing plot twists and enough comic relief to keep anyone from being frightened half to death.

DO YOU OPEN YOUR PRESENTS ON CHRISTMAS EVE OR CHRISTMAS MORNING?

As excited as I get for Christmas, I always open them on Christmas morning. As I've got older, it's taken me more time to get into the festive mood but I can always count on it to arrive in time for Christmas day.

FAVOURITE FESTIVE FOOD?

Pigs in Blankets. Every time. It is a tradition for me and my mother to prepare them the day before Christmas and it is, undoubtedly, my favourite part of a Christmas meal. I've never been one for mince pies and such but if you hand me bacon wrapped around a sausage, you may witness the child in me grinning with excitement.

AS A KID, WHAT WAS THE ONE CRAZY GIFT YOU ALWAYS ASKED FOR BUT NEVER RECEIVED?

Typically, I always asked for a reindeer. I was very big on animals when I was younger. I'd even considered becoming a veterinarian. At the time, the family didn't own any animals so I was - like an child - in desperate need for a pet and I suppose, what better than a little Rudolph to take care of?

WHAT’S THE BEST PART OF CHRISTMAS FOR YOU?

I'll be sentimental here. The best part of Christmas is that fleeting moment when I witness everyone smile - friends, family, even a purr from the cat - because, the trouble of real life disappear and we're left in serenity. We remember those that matter and how much we love them. It doesn't matter if they've given you a present or not. Just recently, I gave one of my lecturers a card and she just about burst into tears and remarked how she'd missed students giving her cards. That one, small, smile... That's what makes Christmas special for me.



Image Map

Comments

  1. Aww I love this post and thanks so much for mentioning me in this, that's so nice of you to do that :-) and I love Home Alone, how did that film not come to mind for this question, I even think that is my favourite and Elf comes very close 2nd! Lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed your post, it deserved credit! :) I have only watched Elf once, if I'm honest, but I did enjoy it! However, Home Alone will always be one of my favourites. :) x

      Delete
  2. I love these posts, they are such a lovely way to get to know bloggers! I definitely open my gifts on christmas day too :) xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Want to share your thoughts on the post? Post a comment!

Popular Posts